Nissan Micra faulty electric

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,
Just brought an 08 Nissan micra. Got a couple of issues, Firstly when you stop the engine and restart the engine if you've left the heater blower on at any setting, when restarting the engine the Aircon automatically turns its self on, why is that?
secondly, I'm not convinced the the engine fan is cutting in? How can I test this? When driving and distance it smells really hot. It doesn't appear to have on the dash a temperature gauge. Can anybody give me any feedback

Sponsored Links
I’m sure this is the Nissan default setting for the A/C - obviously the air wont necessarily be cooled unless the temperature is on the coolest setting but the system is drying the air for you......its best to leave it switched on permanently.
Check that the air gets really cold on the lowest temperature setting, with the fan on 1 at least.
As for the temperature gauge, there is actually a light which will illuminate blue when things are very cold, and similarly illuminate red if its too hot.
The fan should come on in traffic but of course the air con fans do the same.
John :)

Sponsored Links
I have a 2001 Micra K11 [update model] with intermittent faulty [cranks-but-no-start..from cold] electrics. I used 2 tricks to get it going [I dont yet have a fault scanner] -
1. turn the key ignition on and off 4 times in a row, so the dash lights up each time, but not cranking engine; but! on the fifth turn of key [off-on], crank the engine over. Engine often fires up.

2. If that doesnt always work, the second one is to use a piece of wire connecting Red/pos terminal on the battery, to one of the green/white injector wires. Btw, I made my own 'pin' with a bodkin onto 2 core flex!.... as here:
. Mine starts with wire connected, and continues running when I remove it from terminal and injector. This method has worked every time. The 30a fueses and blue relays located nr engine as in video can also be swapped around - in case one is faulty

There is the third way was of removing fuel pump fuse & turn engine, but thats if engine is flooded; that isnt electrical issue, i dont think

Last edited:
Back