Nissan Micra K12 rear left door won't unlock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have checked the handles and they behave like the door is locked. (outside handle pulls out but wont open door, inside handle only moves slightly)

Is there a way of getting the door card off and doing something to the lock from inside to get door open? i was ging to use a multi meter to test the lock? any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Climbing into the back of the car.......
Does it look as if the door card will come off, or is it tucked under the door inner itself?
John :)

Hi John.. had a right episode with this door I can tell you..lol
Got some details wrong. firstly if the door's operating properly, the internal handle moves out as normal but door latch doesn't open.
on the faulty door there's tension in the internal handle.

Anyway.. while away from home I tried opening the car door using the internal handle using a bit more pressure and the door opened. I checked the latch using a screwdriver and fingers to close it, and it failed to shut. being away from home I had to take the the door card off to be able to tie rope to the door and to a rear headrest so i could drive home. (cautionary tale for others there).
Managed to get a replacement latch off the local car breakers.

But, if the door was shut and the latch was stuck is there another way of getting them open?
No John I think you can get the card off. is there a trick to get the door open if the same fault arose?

Sponsored Links
Personally I've only been able to open the door by removing the door card - and one one occasion the thing had to be completely destroyed.
Some people seem to be adept at getting in with a length of welding wire but sadly I'm not one of them!
Pleased you got in though....keep the lock lubed with white PTFE grease if possible.
John :)

Back