ford ka door lock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
help needed, drivers side door lock broken 54 plate Ka, cannot open from inside or outside.
I have taken the door card off and cable from interior handle fine, but I think that the cable link from lock mechanism and outside door handle come off.
Outside handle pulls right up.
How can I rectify this problem??

Sponsored Links
you may find that the clamp that holds the bar on to the exterior door handle has fallen off,take door card off and have a looksie down inside the door,it may just ba a case of refixing said item.

Sponsored Links
hi wonder if anyone can help i have a 52 plate ka and the drivers door wont open from inside or outside with the key so it it locked shut..... and ideas??? iv taken off the door card but cant get to the lock properly as the door is locked shut... i would be grateful for any help

hi wonder if anyone can help i have a 52 plate ka and the drivers door wont open from inside or outside with the key so it it locked shut..... and ideas??? iv taken off the door card but cant get to the lock properly as the door is locked shut... i would be grateful for any help

Follow the advice as above? Maybe PM Davyo, and ask what was the procedure for access to the handle/linkage/doorlock ?

Maybe a relay or fuse is broken, unsure how the central locking works on that model. Maybe a worn lock/key? Does it work on the vacuum system? Again Davyo, would be able to assist? He asks, he thanks, he gives something back to the community. All nice. :D

I don't use the central locking its been disconnected a log time as I was having problems...I think its something to do with the cable where its attached to the handle or outside lock. The only problem is there is a case covering the lock any idea how to get that off with the door shut? It would be easier if the door was open but cant gwt it open. Any help anyone? :) thanks much appriciated

Maybe the existing problem might refer to your current problem? Disconnect of the central locking?

I dont think its to do with central locking. It sounds like the same problem as above but I don't know how to get the black metal case off the inside of the door without opening the door.

Sponsored Links
Back