Ford Street Ka - Faulty door lock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Need some help.

Door handle moves without opening the door. the door opens easy from the inside. I think a mechanical link is broken or unhooked, any ideas and easy fixes?

Sponsored Links
You will have to look inside the door to see if it has come undone,more likely the handle has snapped.Haynes manual will come in handy.

;)

I think the inside door handles are connected to the mechanism by a cable, whereas the outside handle is by a direct linkage. Does the door handle move when you lock/unlock the car? I take it you are talking front door (do they do a 4dr Ka?).

Try that tonight. Don't know how easy it is to remove the door panel.

jonnyfishing said:
You will have to look inside the door to see if it has come undone,more likely the handle has snapped.Haynes manual will come in handy.

;)
;)

Sponsored Links
It's the outside handle. My guess is a mechanical link so I will have to take off the inner door panel to see the problem. The door handle moves but does not operate the lock.

Spark123 said:
I think the inside door handles are connected to the mechanism by a cable, whereas the outside handle is by a direct linkage. Does the door handle move when you lock/unlock the car? I take it you are talking front door (do they do a 4dr Ka?).

If it's anything like my car then there will be a coated foam panel behind the plastic panel. I found the only way to get this panel off involves pulling the panel forward and cutting the black sticky stuff with a stanley blade. To put it back on I used some silicone sealant. Be carefull not to rip the foam panel.

Got into the door with relative ease and eventally noticed that the plastic around the interface of the handle and linkage is broken.

It looks a bo of a puzzle to renew the handle but it should be OK.

Thanks for the help.

;)
Spark123 said:
If it's anything like my car then there will be a coated foam panel behind the plastic panel. I found the only way to get this panel off involves pulling the panel forward and cutting the black sticky stuff with a stanley blade. To put it back on I used some silicone sealant. Be carefull not to rip the foam panel.

Sponsored Links
Back