Nissan Micra R reg (scratch repair and dent) how much?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
right i did i silly thing and scraped it against a wall, the damage was pretty bad,
passenger side door
back door
and wing

i been told the back door will need replacing because he wont be able to get the dent out but the rest can be resprayed

how much would u estimate for these repairs/replacement to cost?

please giv any advice .. thanks

car is red nissan, R reg, new bubble shape

Sponsored Links
somewhere between £10 and £10,000 depending on how bad it is.
Maybe some pics might help with giving a closer price

somewhere between £10 and £10,000 depending on how bad it is.
Maybe some pics might help with giving a closer price

lol, well i hav taken it to a garage and been quoted £300

he is going to replace the back door and respray the rest, the rear wing is pretty bad.

in terms of Car documents, what will this affect? do i need to log it in any book or paper?

as u can tell im totally a newbie to cars.

£300 seems very reasonable. is it a reputable repairer? Or a minor scrape?

you do not have to record it anywhere. (you might be thinking of insurance write-offs which are tracked to help protect you from buying one that had been done up)

It will do no harm to keep the bill and before and after photos in case when you are selling it the buyer wants to know if it has been in a bad crash.

If your was a slow-speed parking scrape it is unlikely to have caused more than cosmetic damage.

Repaired panels are more likely to go rusty, and the paint might craze if you spill petrol on it. I presume a Micra of that age has zinc-plated steel so the original panels are rust-resistant.

Sponsored Links
£300 seems very reasonable. is it a reputable repairer? Or a minor scrape?

you do not have to record it anywhere. (you might be thinking of insurance write-offs which are tracked to help protect you from buying one that had been done up)

It will do no harm to keep the bill and before and after photos in case when you are selling it the buyer wants to know if it has been in a bad crash.

If your was a slow-speed parking scrape it is unlikely to have caused more than cosmetic damage.

Repaired panels are more likely to go rusty, and the paint might craze if you spill petrol on it. I presume a Micra of that age has zinc-plated steel so the original panels are rust-resistant.

yeh cheers for that mate, it was a very slow scrap, but down the whole left side of the car, i couldnt bare to look at it so didnt take no pics, shud hav done really, but the replacement door should be ok i think

he is a reputable guy, been in the business for years.

so anything else i shud do or need to know.

thanks in advance

Back