Nissan primastar

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking to put an alarm in but have no manual or wiring diagram, any idea where I can or best way to find the signal wires for locking/door switches etc? I see on alarm outputs it has a Negative door trigger (-) and Positive door trigger (+).
Mine seems to give plus 4v closed (not 12v)? so assume mine is negative door trigger (-) (Connect to the door switch circuit wire that shows ground when the door is open.)

Sponsored Links
I'd be really careful about interfering with the original wiring and I'd consider an ultrasonic system that guards the van interior, with an ignition immobiliser. I'd also consider fitting separate door switches rather than use the Nissan locks.
John :)

Well the alarm does have output for ultrasonic sensors but none with it and can't really find any?? What door switches could i get as that sounds a better idea, can you get ones like you have in a house that when contact is broken it activates alarm?

I'd search for the alarm manufacturer and see what they have, but I wouldn't fit an obsolete or old unit due to reliability issues.
Door switches are available from motor factors and they go to earth when operating.
I'd test your system on the bench before installing!

Sponsored Links
In the bad old days when car crime was rife I fitted many alarms, from Moss to Cobra - the fitting instructions were pretty good too.
I also fitted a few Multi-Locks which secured the gear lever. Very difficult to get through but you had to be spot on with your drilling!

Back