Nissan Tino problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys just bought a 2002 nissan tino, my problem is the gears, i was used to a short gear stick in my last car but the tino has a long one as yous know ,there seems to be a bit of vibration when you put your hand on it is this normal it changes gears alright no problem there .and another thing is there seems to be a bulb out in the gauge where the time and the mile accumilater is situated ,it it seems to be bright at one side but dim at the other side is it hard to take the dash out where the speedo is allocated to check the bulbs any help would be great.
Thx

Sponsored Links
vibration in gear stick, on idle? could be coming from a few places give more detail

as for dash bulbs they are all a pain just try not breaking anything

If the milometer display is LCD then the bulbs you want are only available from Nissan. Part number is 26261-BM500 and they are easy enough to fit.

Thx for the reply guys ,,,,the vib in the gear box isnt to bad ,could it be just that im not used to the long stick or could i do with getting the oil changed in the box, and if so what oil type do use recommend, there is a bit of play between 1 and 2 but changing from 2-3-4-5 is fine i suppose ever gear box is different, the garage i bought it out of said the gear box was fine and that the lcd display was ment to be like that bright at one end dark at the other , he said it was a very big job taking the dash out and it wasnt covered in the warrenty so he was condradicting him- self, if it was the lcd display it could cost aleast £85 for the part alone , is it ment to be like that ? the only prob is i dont know of any one with a tino,i went to this dealer as he had a very good reputation was recommend by a few people .....any help guys Thx

Sponsored Links
It's not meant to be like that. There are three little bulbs backlighting it, one or more of them will be blown, and it's not such a big job to get the binacle out.

Do you think i could do it, i know a wee bit about cars, but when you see dash infront of you with only 2 screws visable , you just wonder where to start trying to get it out, the 2 screws are situated above the speedo.

You might as well give it a go. If you have any difficulty, put it back in, no harm done. You might have to unplug one or two things from the back so that you can get it out. You can't go wrong with them though because they'll only fit in the socket they came out of.

Sponsored Links
Back