No Central Heating & Pump Overun Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a house which I rent out, Potterton Kingfisher boiler, fully pumped system,Grasslin contractor pack QE2, all installed about 6 yrs ago.

Currently there is no central heating, the tenant said there has always been a light on the room thermostat which is no longer working and the hot water side only seems to be working. The three port valve seems to be stuck in position A, and does not move if the cental heating is turned on at the control unit. Faulty thermostat? or three port valve? or neither

It has been working up to now fine, I have checked all the wiring and it seems to be ok according to the contractor pack wiring instructions.

Second question, years ago I went to put this boiler under a British Gas contract but they turned it down dues to 'pump overun'.I have had a read of the Potterton instructions and there is a section on overheat thermostat and pump overun device for fully pumped open vented systems. Does is sound like it is not wired correctly to the boiler?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
probably the MV head faulty - but it needs diagnosis!

Overrun - if the manual says it needs the pump to be wired to the boiler; is it??

Thanks Chris, replaced motor in head and heating now working. Pump not wired into boiler so will do that. Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back