No CH or Hot Water, Vokera 20-80 R.S Flowmatic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Vokera 20-80 RS Flowmatic which up until some point last night worked perfectly. At 6am this morning the CH came on as per usual but the hot water came out icy cold. I checked the boiler and noticed the pilot light was out so I re-ignited it and checked the pressure which was low so i topped that up. No change to my water temp. I switched the whole thing off for a bit then turned it back on in the vain hope that that would help but no joy.

I really need to get this sorted as I need a wash before work tomorrow!

Please if anyone could help id be most grateful, I really don't want to call a plumber if its easily fixed...

Clare

P.S. please be gentle with me when using technical terms :confused:

Sponsored Links
If your pilot light is lit. what happens when you turn the heating on :?:
what happens if you turn the tap on :?: if the answer is nothing to both then check your fan, is it turning if yes then check air pressure switch.
the boiler can be split into two sections Heating and Hot water if either one works we need to know. :)

Try washing in cold water it is very refreshing
Probable fault is diaphragm or domestic microswitch hard to diagnose without basic tests One thing to listen for is the low speed fan with no demand (may be why pilot went out)
If you get your gas from b.g. they will do a 1 fault repair for £132 ing parts & labour

Hi,

Thanks for replying so fast! :)

The heating was working fine but now seems to have stopped (it should have come on with the timer at about 4 but nothing has happened) and turning on the hot tap produces a lovely flow of freezing cold water.

How do i go about checking the fan and air pressure switch?

Thanks

Clare

Sponsored Links
"low speed fan with no demand" - not sure what you mean by this. sorry!!

If you are fed up with washing in cold water and want it fixed you could call Danny by looking for Rannoch in your local telephone book.

Tony

Ok, sounds like a plan. How much does Danny charge for a call out fee?

Thing is i dont want to get stuck with a huge bill i cant afford to pay as thats bad for both me and the dude im meant to be paying!!

Clare

Its a definable repair and any reputable engineer should be able to give you a fixed price quote in advance.

In London we would charge £106 inclusive.

Tony

Ok, so if i phone the guy and jus tell him that my CH and HW have stopped he'l be able to quote me there and then? or is there something specific i need to mention? im sorry to sound like such a dumbass here!

Thanks for all your help

Clare

My comment was based on you having CH but no DHW.

On reading your postings again I find they are a little vague.

No one can give you a fixed price to repair it if its not working on CH or DHW as we dont know whats wrong.

Tony

you need to remove the boiler casing which is held in place by 2 screws one either side at the back bottom corners and two screws has you pull down the front cover. Once you have got this off you need to make sure pilot is lit and then turn heating on, at this stage the fan should go to high speed, if this happens and the main burner does not light then the chances are its the air pressure switch or blocked venturi tube in the flue.check the same thing for hot water only. if its the same both times then its some thing common to both functions. PS don't touch any wiring connections because its all 240 volts.

Ok so...

I removed the combustion cover and checked the fan which runs smoothly and pretty silently with no wobbles and not catching on anything.

I also checked the pressure switch and mechanically speaking it is working fine - changing the pressure results in the microswitch clicking as it should.

The whole thing was full of dust etc which I have cleared out but as it wasnt blocking anything that was mainly for cosmetic reasons.

So any other ideas?

My dad mentioned a motorised valve....? Where would i find the switching valve?

Clare

i should prob mention that i have tried to find the vokera website to see if they had a diagram or something (to see where the switching valve is) but is under construction at the moment

Vokera are in ruchill (glasgow) i think they charge about £100 for first hour or so.

Alan

ooh thats interesting. could come in handy tomo, def need to call someone out. do you know if thats jus callout or parts/labour....? and would you recommend that i call them or do u think a regular repair man would be ok? also should i call a plumber or a gas fitter?

aah im such a flake when things go wrong!!

Clare

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back