No cold feed to boiler!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a conventional heating system. The boiler fires up normally and then cuts out on overheat because there does not seem to be any water in the feed pipe work meaning that currently the boiler is not any good for central heating or water heating.

I have checked the tanks in the loft and both seem fine. The overflow (balance) tank is receiving hot water and having completely removed the air valve on the return side of the boiler nothing came out either air or water?

The pump appears to be running in so much as you can feel a trembling in the outlet pipe work. The valve also makes the right noise to make me think that that is opening and closing ok.

The problem did seem to come about as a result of me bleeding a radiator. The return pipe work comes from both the floor (I assume radiators) and then ceiling (I assume from the immersion), there appears to be water in here about a meter from the floor. Sadly the feed to the boiler is about 1.5m from the floor!

Any ideas would be gratfeully received.

Thanks James.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back