No cold water in bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, looking for a bit of advice before I have to call a plumber!

The cold water tap in the sink in the bathroom stopped working a while ago, it had very low pressure to start with but eventually it stopped working. Now I can hardly even turn the tap as its totally stiff.

The cold water tap in the bath has now stopped working, unlike the sink I can still rotate this fully. No water not even a dribble comes out.

I have read a few things where it said it might be the washer or an air lock so I took apart the tap and the washer was metallic and only covered 3 quarters of the way round but appeared completely fine. I then blew down the tap with a straw but when I put the tap back together no joy.

Also, and this may be unrelated, my overflow pipe at the back of the property drips quite a lot of the time but I can't work out when it does it or indeed why.

As you can guess I'm pretty clueless with the logistics of plumbing but willing to give things a go. All help appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Unlikely to be air if it is fed from the mains, Could be the jumper inside has stuck. As for the overflow you need to establish which tank it is coming from could be just a faulty ball valve.

New taps required. Sorted.

Overflow of the central heating needs adjustment.

Sorted.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back