no cold water in upstairs bathrooms

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is impacting on the baths and basins upstairs and is caused by and air block between the bathrooms and the tank in the loft, its becoming increasingly frequent and now happens every 3 days on average. easily cleared by forcing hot water from the mixer tap up the cold water pipes untill the tell tail bubbles can be heard in the the tank in the loft. The cold water tank is up to its maximum level, so there is decent pressure. Has anyone got any suggestions as the wife shouts are getting more menacing everytime she cant flush the loo!!

Sponsored Links
Make sure the loft header tank is full, and the fill valve is passing enough water to keep it that way when there is a demand on the system.
John :)

Thanks John,

It is and if anything I have overfilled the tank, which why I'm scratching my head, no obvious pinch points or kinks anywhere either

Sponsored Links
Try running a bath or whatever, and see if the tank filling can cope......once the air is bled out, it should stay that way.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back