No Cold Water Upstairs, Plenty Downstairs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Greetings to all,
Yesterday I installed a new kitchen sink, all went hunky dory until I turned the stop cock back on. I've plenty hot water in the kitchen and the bathroom but only have cold water in the kitchen. (I forgot to open the bathroom cold taps before I opened the stopcock Doh!!!)

The float valve in the loft tank is operating correctly so would I be right in assuming the cold taps are mains fed?

Unfortunately the bathroom has your standard council fit suite so no mixer taps :cry:

Many thanks for reading this far.

Does this sound like an air lock? and if so could someone please advise whats the best way to clear it?

Sponsored Links
COnnect H to C, turn both on to push air back up H pipe for 6 seconds and try it then. Remember to open both taps. If you have H & C washing mashine taps you can use them instead.

Many thanks for the advice Chris R,
No joy I'm afraid.
I closed the stop cock then joined the washing machine taps, opened upstairs taps then opened both w/m taps all I got was a slight trickle from the cold bath tap.

I then closed the w/m taps and opened the kitchen cold tap. linked bath taps with a piece of hose, when I opened the bath taps I got quite a healthly flow of hot water out the kitchen cold tap.

Re-opened stop cock, still no cold water in the bathroom.

Any more ideas please??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back