no combi pressure

OK,it's a Turbomax 242E,i've been looking at online spares places and i've got myself a little confused!! The diverter valve is the bigish metal thing at the bottom right?? The part that i thought was faulty is a black valve type thing with a RED microswitch on it-the lever inside this moves straight away when the CH is turned on and the bolier lights,DHW can then be drawn at any rate.If the CH is off this lever will only move and trip the microswitch if the water is turned on at a high flow rate(well MAX now!)soooo,is the faulty part the bit with the micro switch(i think they call it the pressure/flow switch(about £20) or this diverter valve(which is ££££££! about £100) I don't want to spend £100 an a valve that won't fix the problem!! Thanks for any help guy's.

Sponsored Links
I noticed that online boiler spares do quite a range of spares for your boiler. You do need to get the right part..... The divertor valve should operate fully open to depress the micro switch very soon ( one to 2 seconds) after you demand DHW. If this only happens when the tap is on FULL there are several reasons that this could happen.
1) There is insufficient cold water pressure at the inlet
2 ) The valve has become stiff and needs a LOT of pressure to operate it
3 ) The Diaphragm inside the valve may have a pinhole leak
4 ) There is a build up of limescale inside the valve ( unlikely )
thats the ones I can think of...
Why dont you get a Reputable plumber (lol) out to diagnose the fault then say you cant afford the repair!!

Gees

boiler1.jpg

Is the above the diverter valve??? If so is this the part that would cause the fault??

i assume this is the pressure/flow sensor?? (Below)

I think this part is OK,some more information-when the tap is on FULL i can see the microswitch on what i think is the diverter valve pressing down & triping the boiler(picture above),this ALSO happens on what i think is the pressure/flow sensor!(picture below)

boiler2.jpg

Sponsored Links
Without a proper look I cant be sure!!!
I am not at all familiar with that model.
The valve is usually made of brass... Is that any help?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back