NO DEAL

Sponsored Links
nobody should assume that filly's claims are true.
Top tip for you Jonnyboy and the rest of the Remoaners..Ephesians.
Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you....AMEN.

That's rich. Some of the Brexiteers on here have been hurling huge insults aimed at remainers at the drop of a hat.

Going all lovie-dovie is fine, but I don't see much evidence of that at the moment...

Sponsored Links
FB_IMG_1608549878067.jpg

And a portent of things to come?
Retailers have played down fears of immediate food shortages after France shut its borders to UK hauliers for 48 hours.
However, they warned of "serious disruption" if the blockade is prolonged.
France made the move over fears about the UK's new coronavirus variant.
Sainsbury's warned it could face "gaps" in some of its fresh food supplies within days if the UK and France failed to resolve the issue.
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-55393076

I heard a report of a ferry in Portsmouth yesterday, all loaded up with passengers, etc, couldn't depart for France (well they could be it would have been a waste of time because they wouldn't have been allowed to dock) having to disembark all passenger and send them home.

Apparently ham will run out in 2 weeks. Christmas dinner is OK as carrots, potatoes, sprouts etc are grown in the UK,
but we could easily run out of tomatoes, lettuce, cucumbers, bananas, oranges, and WINE.

Time, as I have said before, to become more self-sufficient.

And create jobs at the same time.

Time, as I have said before, to become more self-sufficient.

And create jobs at the same time.

We could certainly produce more food, but food prices will increase. And lots we can't produce in an economically viable way, e.g tomatoes, which we in by the shed load and will probably struggle to ever grow enough all year round.

Of course, it might not be a bad thing for the environment, as well as employing more farmers, if we got used to eating British seasonal food again, and relying less on flying, freighting and shipping food in. So that's a plus. But winters will start to feel a bit more depressing, just like the old days!

Parsnips and tinned peaches will save us.

Sponsored Links
Back