Why would anyone trust Brexit Britain again?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Pants down, ass up.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/07/24/business/brexit-deal-northern-ireland-gbr-intl-cmd/index.html

London (CNN Business)Just seven months after singing its praises, British Prime Minister Boris Johnson is attempting to rewrite the Brexit deal he signed with the European Union.

It's a risky move that will undermine Britain's credibility as a trustworthy trading partner at the very moment that the UK government is seeking to forge economic alliances far beyond Europe to justify its "global Britain" sales pitch for Brexit, according to experts.

"It certainly does raise questions about the trustworthiness of this government," he told CNN Business. "I don't think it will lead to the complete cessation of negotiations between the UK and other countries, but I think it will make it a little bit more difficult," he added.

"If you wanted a trade deal with the UK, now is probably the best time to get one on your own terms," Usherwood added, pointing to the highly accommodating deal the UK government granted Australia. "The UK is in a tight situation. It needs to show that leaving the EU was a worthwhile venture."

Sponsored Links
Ooh look!

red-squirrel.jpg

EU exports to Ireland have grown, esp France.

whilst GB exports to NI and RoI have shrunk due to trade friction.

UK could remove 80% of checks instantly at no cost, by following the same rules that are already followed.

that’s the rank stupidity of Brexit

UK could remove 80% of checks instantly at no cost, by following the same rules that are already followed.

What, by re-joining the single market which would preclude us from doing trade deals/arrangements/treaties with the rest of the world which is an even bigger market. Are you mental?

Sponsored Links
What, by re-joining the single market which would preclude us from doing trade deals/arrangements/treaties with the rest of the world which is an even bigger market. Are you mental?
Nope.

ps: UK hasn’t got any deals that give any benefits to RoW trading than it had as an EU member.

I look forward to filly telling us what countries UK was unable to trade with as a member of the EU, that we have now started trading with, having resigned.

I fear it will be a long wait.

Fillyboy accepts there are no better deals to be had and concedes he was wrong

nice squirrel though

bloke from marks and spencers on the radio

there lorries have been delayed going to N I for up to 48 hours due to paper work being filled out with the wrong coloured ink :ROFLMAO:

3 different vets / inspectors to sign off 1 sandwich :ROFLMAO: because of 3 different ingredients

looks like one part of the UK will only be able to send a plain ham sandwich to another part of the UK

ham and cheese would mean 2 different EU pencil pushers :confused:

mind you what about the butter in the sandwich :eek:

he went on to say some lorrys have been turned back due to soil in the treads of the lorry tyres :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

jeez us wept

Brexiteers are basically traitors...

How many lamp posts are there in the UK?

...lorries have been delayed going to N I for up to 48 hours due to paper work being filled out with the wrong coloured ink :ROFLMAO:

3 different vets / inspectors to sign off 1 sandwich :ROFLMAO: because of 3 different ingredients...

surely you are mistaken

johnson clearly said there would not be checks between GB and NI

He told us he had an "oven ready deal"

And signed an agreement that his predecessor, Theresa May, said "no UK Prime Minister could accept."

Are you asking us to believe that he is a dishonest, untrustworthy liar who let the country down?

Sponsored Links
Back