Why would anyone trust Brexit Britain again?

There is no doubt that the N. I. Protocol is a self inflicted wound on the UK.
The EU showed its true face when it threatened to invoke article16 to deny the UK access to life saving vaccines.
The Protocol has a number of provisions which could be applied if these checks are causing bother.

Sponsored Links
We would have to be mental to trust Blojo & co. The idiots (Johnson) signed a trade deal with Ukraine last October which they had copy and pasted from an old EU trade deal with Ukraine. (Tories do a lot of C&P with old EU deals, but seem to get worse deals somehow) Anyway, it was recently discovered that when the incompetents in Tory government signed the Ukraine deal, they had left a clause in binding The UK to EU regulations.

The Tories are just making anything up and signing without checking. Total disaster. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Desperate times! :rolleyes:

https://londonnewstime.com/britain-...n-trade-agreements-after-a-text-error/357833/

Brexit can be seen as a failure of our electoral system. The two party fptp system either squeezed out smaller parties or absorbed their wilder elements. When UKIP could poll in the low tens and have no representation or when the Greens can have high single digit votes but only 1 MP the issues that matter get sidelined until they pop and then populism takes hold.

If we had a more parties and better representation then we would have more politicians working together and compromising rather than the situation where to win an elections you can just say as many lies as you want and when you win a majority you can then do whatever you like.

Imagine, eh?

Imagine living in a country with people so ignorant of the practical realities of processing paper documents that they simply dont understand that not all ink colours photocopy and scan well, and who are so unobservant that they have never in their lives noticed ink colour instructions on forms theyve filled in, and who are so stupid that they ridicule rules designed to ensure that paper forms can be processed.

Imagine living in a country with people so ignorant of history that they dont know that before we were in the Common Market/EEC/EU people werent necessarily allowed to carry sandwiches or foodstuffs theyd bought in shops abroad back into the UK.

Imagine living in a country with people so ignorant of pest and disease transmission pathways that they dont understand that tyres with soil from foreign farms might be a risk.

Imagine living in a country where people who dont think that all that ignorance and stupidity make them unqualified to criticise.

Imagine living in...

... Oh, hang on a minute...

There is no doubt that the N. I. Protocol is a self inflicted wound on the UK.
And one which people willingly voted for.

I do wish they would stop moaning about getting what they voted for, or what they supported being done because of the vote.

The EU showed its true face when it threatened to invoke article16 to deny the UK access to life saving vaccines.
  1. They were not threatening to "deny the UK access to life saving vaccines"
  2. What "true face" did it show other than one of a bureaucracy making a mistake/over-reacting/shooting from the hip when under pressure?
  3. What "true face" did the UK show when it threatened to break the law, and did so in a much more unhurriedand deliberate way, with no emergencypressures to blame?

Sponsored Links
What "true face" did the UK show when it threatened to break the law
Break which law? .
I have pointed out that there are provisions within the Protocol which allow the UK to unilaterally suspend all border checks.

Why would anyone trust Brexit Britain again? Ask all those foreign holiday resorts that are crying out for our British business, they’ll tell you.

The one requiring us to abide by the terms of treaties which we sign.
Have you read the treaty which we signed?
It states clearly that should the implementation of the Protocol cause societal difficulties and diversion of trade, then the British Government can take action to ameliorate the situation.
Although i agree that the UK signed up to the protocol, it is the EU who are demanding its enforcement in a manner which was never envisaged by the UK government.

, it is the EU who are demanding its enforcement in a manner which was never envisaged by the UK government

I’m not sure about that.

the EU has been saying for years: “we will protect the integrity of the single market”.

I’m not sure about that.

the EU has been saying for years: “we will protect the integrity of the single market”.

Yes but they're protecting it to a far higher degree than the protection afforded against other countries on other frontiers. The number of customs checks confirms this.
Basically, they're being spiteful c***s.

Yes but they're protecting it to a far higher degree than the protection afforded against other countries on other frontiers. The number of customs checks confirms this.
Basically, they're being spiteful c***s.
You have no proof of that….ie you’ve made it up.

But hey brexers never take responsibility for the mess they’ve created.

Have you read the treaty which we signed?
It states clearly that should the implementation of the Protocol cause societal difficulties and diversion of trade, then the British Government can take action to ameliorate the situation.
But does it say that we can pass domestic legisation which is incompatible with the Withdrawal Agreement?

Do you think that you can ignore the fact that the government themselves admitted that they would be breaking the law?

Although i agree that the UK signed up to the protocol, it is the EU who are demanding its enforcement in a manner which was never envisaged by the UK government.
That is not an uncommon problem when people sign agreements which they havent properly read and/or dont understand. Its why people are always advised to get expert advice before signing contracts etc.

Sponsored Links
Back