No Dhw in my new installed biasi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a new biasi 24kw combi boiler that was installed in December 2011. All has been fine until earlier in the week when it stopped heating the water. The boiler ignites when I run the water from the kitchen tap but the water doesn't heat up and the flames go off in approx. 12secs. The Ch seems to work but the radiators are not warming to their full capacity.
I had an engineer have a look at it and he reckons its the temp probe(sensor) that needs changing. I'm a novice when it comes to boilers but i think my boiler is too new to have parts problems. I honestly do hope the temp probe is faulty since it'll cost me less to get the part but I don't want to rush and change parts before I'm sure of the fault.
Anyone out there with a clue of what could be the problem, your advice is welcomed. [/b]

Sponsored Links
Why would you be obtaining parts for a boiler under warranty?

It's under warranty. Why are you asking. Just ring biasi.

Unless it was an illegal install perhaps.

I've already spoken to Biasi but the next available engineer will come out in four days........I have tenants in the house and obviously they need hot water.
What's the harm in asking if I could find a quicker solution.

Sponsored Links
I've already spoken to Biasi but the next available engineer will come out in four days........I have tenants in the house and obviously they need hot water.

You're a landlord...leave the repair to Biasi, unless of course, you're also a RGI.....

You mess with the boiler, the warranty could be revokes. Wonder if system sediment has killed the boiler.

You mess with the boiler, the warranty could be revokes. Wonder if system sediment has killed the boiler.

Sounds like the boiler has been killed by sludge in the system.
Biasi probably will void the warranty anyway.

You bought a Biasi , buy a reputable boiler and

a) it wont break down (as much)
b) if it does they will come out next or even the same day

Baxi/potterton have the best service and i dont think Biasi will ever be cheap enough to ever be an optio for me ,

Manufacturers are definitely the first port of call here, be very apologetic to your tenants and get Biasi out to it. Let us know how it goes...

Been having quite a few callouts to "Budget" boilers just of late and I have been stunned by the price of the parts.... Still, what the manufacturers don't make on the sale price they get back many times over on the spares

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back