NO DHW on Vailant 242e or 282e **UPDATE**

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi There,

I have been having difficulty getting DHW out of this boiler lately. CH fine. When you turn on hot tap I hear click click and woof click click click sometimes it comes but it's been getting worse and now won't light at all.

Any ideas. Is it a circuit board - if so where can I get these or even the whole electrical circuit board unit- or is it a problem elsewhere that the circuit board is trying to start.

The DHW sometime now comes on but will go out in the middle of running and does not reignite

Any help would be great. Vailant want £ 200 just to repair it and then £ 143 for annual contract.

Many thanks in advance

Ian

Sponsored Links
Is that the vcw 242e gc number 4704413?, if so suspect the diaphragm in the diverter valve first, sounds like it is perishing and maknig an intermittent connection on the microswitch.

ollski said:
Is that the vcw 242e gc number 4704413?, if so suspect the diaphragm in the diverter valve first, sounds like it is perishing and maknig an intermittent connection on the microswitch.

Hi There

Sorry to sound ignorant - but where will I find the gc number.

Ian

Sponsored Links
ollski said:

Yes it is. I will get that checked out. Who are the best people for parts and is this a DIY job or a pro's job,

Thanks Mikeyboy. It was where you said.

Ian

ollski said:

Ment to ask if you happen to know the part number.

Ian

ollski said:

My plumber changed the diaphragm but the boiler is still having problems. If we run the hot water for 5 mons the boiler will intermittently try and light - occasionally light then go straight out - and may light up. Might go out after 5 mons or might stay on.

Is this something obvious or something that will have to be change a part and see what it does?

If that's the case a new boiler will be ordered.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Ian

possibly the air pressure switch is it behaving the same in c/h mode

gasgeezer said:
possibly the air pressure switch is it behaving the same in c/h mode

Hi gasgeezer

No Problem with CH that I know. When it ignites in CH it fires straight away. No clicking or intermittent firing. Just DHW.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back