No dpm keyed into dpc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi when I look behind my skirting boards I see the wall dpc is about 3 cm above the top of my concrete floor, so as a result that's 3cm of possible damp sat behind my skirting.

It doesn't look or feel wet, and there is no sign of dpm keyed into dpc, just bare blockwork under dpc.
Skirting smells a bit musty.

Should I paint back of new skirting with bitumen, and paint that 3cm of block work below the dpc in the wall?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
If you had a damp problem, you would have rotten skirting.

There are lots of times when the DPC/DPM barriers in a house are not correct, and yest there is no damp problem.

Your musty smell may be from another unrelated issue. You won't have timber floors if you are referring to having a DPM so internal condensation and humidity levels would be your start of investigation as air would be condensing somewhere to create the mould spores that you can smell

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back