DPC and finished floor level

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Just taken original skirting off in our ground floor bedroom, ready for renovation.

Behind it, I can see the DPC and the concrete floor finishes a couple of millimetres below that level. There’s no evidence of a DPM lap (1960 floor) and there was no DPM in the dining room which we dug up to install UFH. The plaster doesn’t bridge the DPC with the floor thankfully.

The skirting I removed was dry and there’s no evidence of damp. The carpet and underlay are also dry. However, when I put kitchen roll against the exposed millimetres of brick below the DPC, they have the tiniest bit of moisture in them (unsure if this is the proper test!).

Is this a problem which needs sorting, or shall I just install my new skirting in place of the old and re-carpet.

Grateful for thoughts.

Sponsored Links
Doesn’t sound like there’s any issue assuming existing skirting is dry. Damp bricks below dpc is expected. You wouldn’t tend to get lapped dpm sheet in a 60s place, more likely bitumen

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back