DPM higher than DPC - possible?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The current DPC on my house sits a brick below FFL. When extending should I continue the DPC at the same level?The ground level outside is flat and 220mm below DPC.

If so, when I pour my floor slab and lap the DPM into the internal leaf, that will be a brick higher than the DPC....

What's the right way to do this?

Sponsored Links
Keep the DPCs level with the new floor level. Step the external DPC down where it joins the the house and lap it with the existing

I asked (or tried to) very similar a couple of weeks ago. I've since moved on a bit and the extension dpc level will be a bit higher than the existing house one, and they will be linked via a (small) vertical dpc after advice on here and the bco has also said that's fine.

Sponsored Links
Sorry I didn't see the reply, I guess I gave a "worse" version of Woody's answer lol

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back