NO ELECTRICITY ON THE SECON FLOOR ON MY HOUSE O-(

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good evennig guys.

I was wondering if some one can give me a clue of my electric problem.

I live i a three floor + attic house on the last 7 days during night time (about 1.30a.m) the main power goes down from the main electric pannel as I tried to turn it on everything stay ok up to when I tried to put up the second floor lights, then the general main botton goes down again.

there is no way to keep the power on in the second floor I have to wait for about 2 hours to be able to turn in on. Last night when the power when down I decided to desconect any electric device on the second floor and then I was able to have the electric back up on the second floor.

Could someone Give me some clues of what could be the problem.

As Iam specting the same problem possible tonight.

MAny thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Got anything on a timer, possibly an immersion heater or storage heater with off peak timing?

When you say "main power" button is this an RCD/RCCB? does this control all the power in your house?

Sponsored Links
yes I have a timer for an electric radiator. Shall I changed?

If it's timed for 1.30 it might be the issue... but I was thinking more of "off peak tariff" stuff that may be set for such a time

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back