No gas supply without electricity???

No, the only connection with BG is that I showed them as the current supplier on the Scottish switching form.

I have now found a contact at Ofgem who will advise further if I can get it in writing why Scottish will not supply me without electricity as all energy suppliers are required under their licence to provide domestic consumers with a supply quotation.

Sponsored Links
These companies are supposedly bound by the provisions of their licence to supply, maintain, repair the parts of the infrastructure they agreed responsibility for, to become licensed. If they can't deliver their obligations as agreed with the relevant Ministry to get their licence in the first place, or can't abide by the regulations or provisions they signed up to, said licence should be revoked, and a humongous fine should be imposed, perhaps equivalent to a large chunk of their annual profits.
After which they should pay another massive levy to re-instate their licence.
They might then start taking the customer seriously.

Write to your MP :mrgreen:
Then vote UKIP at the next election. :)

Wee bit tipsy so hope i havent misunderstood your post but...

The flat I live in which belongs to my father had no gas supply and had/has prepayment hydro/sse electric which used to be economy 7 or equivelant for the old storage heaters.

We got a gas meter and supply put in from Scottish gas without having to take electric from them (although it was subbed out to Turriff contractors) all the paperwork was from sg/bg.

This was last year not sure if that makes a difference....?

Sponsored Links
Ofgem pages do not seem to give any specific guidance for meter supply but perhaps a call may answer the question of "is your choosen supplier is falling short of their obligations". See http://www.ofgem.gov.uk/CustomPages/Pages/Contactus.aspx[/QUOTE]
Ofgem will only deal with industry wide issues and not individual consumer issues.
I have now found a contact at Ofgem who will advise further if I can get it in writing why Scottish will not supply me without electricity as all energy suppliers are required under their licence to provide domestic consumers with a supply quotation.

Glad to see your getting there.
Getting it in writing will be hard, you probably need to contact the Scottish regulatory compliance team for a formal response.
Ofgem should be able to pursue your issue without letter as it is a breach.
Suggest you respond with tried X times (probably more than 3 ) but each time they refuse connection/service; include your details so they can confirm/verify.
Based on personal regulatory work experience. Rgds Jon

I have sent an email to a quoted email address but it may not be monitored.

They do not seem to encourage email contact as they apparently want everything done by telephone.

Ofgem will not investigate my individual case but would still like a copy of the written reply as it seems that they may not be complying with their Licence terms.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back