No h/w after system drain down

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Long story short, had to drain my system down to replace some radiators & internal stopcock, now i've got no h/w. Boiler is firing up fine, and the water is gravity fed. hellllpppp. thx :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sponsored Links
are the radiators getting warm?

could be (especially if it's an older one) that the boiler needs priming - are there any service vaalves near the boiler with a pipe feeding outside?

hi, the one working radiator in the house is getting warm, and warm water going into and out of the pump, but just not coming to the taps

Sponsored Links
Turn heating off so just water is on and turn boiler stat up to high. Its n airlock you may shift it this way other than that it will need boiling up

how would I boil it up????? is there any way 2 bleed the cylinder. thanks for replying xxx

Usaully no way off bleeding cylinder but occasionlly there is a little bleed valve on the pipe leading to it.
What boiler do you have ,also does your pump just come on for heating, or does it come on for both heating and HW. Hve you bled the pump through the centre screw

The pump only comes on with the hot water and i've bled that it's working fine. the water just seems to stop at the immersion tank, the whole house was bled down for about 7 hours yesterday so i'm really hoping it's just air. There's only two radiators connected up at the moment, all the others are disconnected :rolleyes: :confused:

...the water just seems to stop at the immersion tank...

Do you mean you have hot water in your tank? Is there cold water coming out the hot taps or no water at all? Or are you talking about just your central heating?

I think I might have it sorted, thank for all the replies. It;s either something to do with the timer which has given up on life altogether now....or it was air in the system. Touch wood i've got h/w again. just really need a new timer. :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back