No heat from White Knight CL43 Tumble Dryer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a White Knight CL43 Tumble Dryer which recently has developed an Intermittent fault. Occasionally, there is no heat generated when the dryer is on.

The last couple of times this has happened, I have simply pulled the dryer out, disconnected the power, removed the top cover, blown out the dust and fluff which has developed and then made sure as many of the electrical connections that I could get to, were all intact....plugged it back in and it worked fine.

This time though, I have not had any luck with cleaning it out and checking the cables and now can't get it to produce any heat at all. I wonder whether whatever produces the heat ??? has now finally given up altogether.

Are there any further checks that I can make before renewing any parts?

What is the most likely part that is causing the problem with having no heat that I could swap? Is this easy to get to and whereabouts is it likely to be located?

Thanks for any responses.

Sponsored Links
on the back is a red plastic disc push this till you here a click that will reset it .

on the back is a red plastic disc push this till you here a click that will reset it .

Yes that's got the heat back on, everything is now working fine. Many thanks rocks1.

The strange thing is that on the couple of occasions that this 'no heat' fault has shown itself previously, I have never used the reset button :rolleyes: Very strange.

I always turn the timer dial back to '0' before opening the door ie I don't open the door in mid cycle as I have heard that this can cause operational problems. Out of Interest, what else could cause the dryer to trip-out (well from producing heat anyway) and require resetting?

long term use ie 6 hrs at a time /vent hose blocked with fluff/vent holes on the back blocked /stopping mid cycle to see hows it cooking then turn timer on for another 30 mins /built in a confined space no cold air getting into it .which one are you guilty of. ;)

Sponsored Links
Er.......I'll let you know later. Thanks again :LOL:

My dryer has the same symptoms, but the red button seems dead - it doesn't feel as if there's a spring there nor is there a click.
Do I keep the button down until there's a click or do I keep pressing the thing until it does?

spring has broke ,need to replace cutout

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back