No heating anf hot water on communal system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help.

We live in a flat where the heating and hot water is fed via communal boiler. We have a leak in the basement 2 days ago and and plumbers fixed it. The leak was on the main riser on either the flow or return. They have since fixed it and put the supply back on but we still have no hot water or heating. I'm thinking this is an air lock. They have not bled the system in my flat but have apparently on the roof. The riser is hot on the flow as i can open a bleed valve on this pipe. The thing is i can't get it to flow through my hot water cylinder. I only have access to the this one valve on the flow. Does this have to be bled from outside of my property? I know this is not my job to do but we have had no water now for 2 or 3 days and they wont come back till tomorrow.

A bit more about my system so you know how it works. There is a communal boiler which feed 4 flats, (all have no hot water) the riser is hot on the flow, the pipes run straight up the riser to each flat where a flow pipe and a return pipe are tapped off the main riser. From there they go straight to the rads and another set go straight to our hot water cylinder to heat our water. Any help would be great. Ps i'm a spark so can do some plumbing :D :LOL: thanks

Sponsored Links
Someone must have some idea??

It may be an airlock, but it's not likley in IMHO if they've bled air from the flow pipe. It's more likely that they didn't re-start the pump and the flow riser is only hot because of gravity circulation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back