No heating No Hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

There is power to the control panel and boiler but the boiler is not firing up. The system is a GLOW WORM Ultimate. According to the instructions, it is auto lighting. The Room thermostat is set the highest, the overheat button has not popped out. The pump isn't running. (I'm not sure if the pump should run when the boiler is not running?)
I am going to get someone to look at it but just wondered if anyone has any ideas? Possible causes etc.

Cheers

Andrea

Sponsored Links
All I know is that it is a GLOWWORM Ultimate Boiler with a Grungfos pump and a Seimens control panel.

Does this help?

Sorry I may be being a bit dim but I know nothing at all about central heating systems!!

Andrea

what makes you think i do ;)
if the pump isnt running chances are the boiler wont fire
hence the question about the system
BTW i'm a brickie really the names just a scam to keep the BBC away :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Cheers, Thanks for that.

I am a little confused though. The Pump was only swapped last November. The previous one failed but not completely. The boiler was still starting up but the radiators stayed cold. Hot water was okay.

Could there be something in the system that is causing the pumps to fail?

Andrea

have you got one of these in the airing cupboard

valve.jpg

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Yes.

I doesn't look exactly the same but it has a switch on that says Radiators or Cylinders.

Andrea

Thanks very much for your time and help.

At least I will have some idea when the guy comes round.

Much Appreciated

All sorted now. The problem was a fuse on the control board in the boiler.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back