no heating or hot water - potterton neataheat profile

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
the above boiler isnt igniting, the thermostat is calling for heat but at the boiler it makes the usual starting up noise (is that a fan?) but inside the window it just keeps sparking but there is no ignition - any ideas?

I've posted this on another forum also but had no replies so far this evening :(

Sponsored Links
lack of gas to pilot would be a job for a RGI, you need a boiler repair engineer.

thanks for that.
do you know if parts are readily available for these or am i poss looking at having to get a new boiler? - counting out pennies in pocket in anticipation :cry:

have you got gas in other parts of house? cooker, fire etc?? gas is on? credit meter? all ok then as above get a man in. May just be a simple job for an rgi

Sponsored Links
Or the gas valve may have failed.

Even if its fixed its still an old and inefficient boiler.

George Brown says you should use his £400 scrappage scheme and get an efficient boiler and save yourself 30% on your gas bill as well as saving the planet.

Tony

as far as i can ascertain though this boiler isnt eligible for scrappage, besides i dont have £1000 or whatever for a new boiler!

The Netaheats are listed as are the Profiles. Your boiler is basically the same as a Profile so I would say that your boiler should be included!

You could probably ask Potty on 01926 405405.

Or George Brown on 0207 219 3000

Tony

Sorry, I have checked again and find that he is actually called Gorden Brown and has some kind of Government job but does not really do very much.

Sorry, I have checked again and find that he is actually called Gorden Brown and has some kind of Government job but does not really do very much.

I think that you will find that he gives the smaller boys Chinese burns and pulls the girls pigtails....

'I think that you will find that he gives the smaller boys Chinese burns and pulls the girls pigtails....'

You mean the Cabinet Ministers then ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back