No heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, My heating has gone off, DHW is fine, bled the rads, pressure is fine. Have tried resetting etc, I also have a spare PCB which I purchased earlier this yr before I discovered my wife had accidently switched the power switch off. Anyone got any ideas of what it could be. Cheers

Sponsored Links
:idea: is the power switch on? ;) :idea:
link the external control connections at the boiler to determine whether the problem lies with boiler or external controls.

Hiya Mick, thanks for replying, I made sure the power switch is on, we are getting hot water but no heating, I have replaced the internal timer & diapramg this yr, the system doesn't have a room stat, all rads bar 1 have tcv's on them, the only thing I can think of now is if the timer has gone faulty again. The boiler is 4+yrs old. Cheers. Owen

Sponsored Links
Moderator 10
Moderator Comment Posted: November 6th 2010, 8:29 am Comment:
I have split this post from an old rambling thread about Baxi 105 Instants. Is this boiler the same model?

if you don't know why split it :rolleyes:

Hi gassafeengineer, thanks just checked it & it appears the pin is stuck, have clicked the micro-switch & it's kicking in, I guess a replacement divertor valve is in order then? Cheers.Owen

sure is not the nicest to change hidden screw under chasis to take out,

invoice number 4567765

total £120 cheque will do nicely :LOL:

Okies, can you fit it in to your diary now lol. As the pin appears to be stuck do I take it there is no way to free the pin? or is it a definite replacement valve? Cheers. Owen. How far are you from Harrington then gassafeengineer?

you can get a service kit for them but to be honest they where a bad diverter valve few problems, new diverter end of problem job done. where is harrington? harrington nr workington or another

I feel a right tosser, just checked again & I didn't realize there are 2 micro-switches on the diverter valve, 1 at the front & 1 at the top of the valve, both pins are sliding freely, when I turn the hot water tap on, the boiler fires up and it appears that both pins are touching the micro-switches so I assume the c/h is on but only when the dhw tap is turned on,when the water tap is closed both pins return back inside the diapragm, if I move the metal part on the top micro switch nothing happens it only kicks in when the metal part on front micro switch or dhw tap is turned on, I hope I'm making myself clear. Thanks

After fitting new diverter valve & 3/4 fibre washers etc, still no c/h. anybody else got any further ideas as I'm at a loss. All in all found it quite easy to fit, took approximately from drain off to remove/refit,refill & check 1 1/2 hrs & all that without swearing. Would appreciate any further help. Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back