No Hot Water but good pressure from Mixer Tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey there,

I wonder if you could help with this one please before i get a plumber to visit.

I have a bath with shower on a mixer tap. When I just turn on the hot water tap for either the shower or bath, the water pressure is good but the water temperature is tepid.

The sink in the bathroom has same water pressure and the water comes out piping hot...also in the kitchen.

What could it be?

Cheers and thanks in advance for any help!
Steve

Sponsored Links
The mixer tap is probably passing from the cold side to the hot

I have noticed that if i pump the button that switches between show and bath i somethimes get hot water

It's all to do with flow. If the bath taps are fed by 22mm or even 15mm piping then chances are the flowrate that the bath tap cab run exceeds the maximum flow rate of the boiler, does it get hotter if you turn the tap down a bit? If it does then that's yer prob.

Sponsored Links
thanks...i tried this but it doesnt seem to make a difference.

i did notice that if i pump the button switching between bath and shower, somethimes hot water comes out piping?!

hi

i was wondering whether there could be something wrong with the mixer tap itself? reason is

the hot water has worked in the past about a month ago
there is intermittent hot water coming out of the tap
when just the hot water tap is on there is good water pressure

what do you think?

If there's isolating valves on the mixer tap close the cold one see if temp changes. If it does +1 with TCC, new tap time.

i did this this afternoon and it made a difference for a bit but after a while went back to tepid. at one point even running cold.

does that mean it's not the taps?

Just an update as I've partially solved this one......

glow worm 24cx Boiler in the kitchen
furthest hot water top from the boiler is the bath mixer in bathroom
when i turn on bath hot tap i get tepid water

So instead IF

i turn on hot water basin tap first in the bathroom (nearer boiler), wait for the basin tap hot water to be piping hot

THEN i turn off basin tap

then i turn on the bath mixer tap i get a hot shower?!?!

Therefore there can't be anything wrong with the taps, water flow, it must be the boiler?

Please help

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back