NO HOT WATER FROM ANY OF THE TAPS (Ariston Boiler)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there i'm hoping someone can offer help and advice. I have a Ariston, the model is Microgenus combi boiler, and it has been working fine. however now when i turn the hot taps on i only get cold water. Pressure is fine - is there something i can check or do - ? thanks for reading this.

Sponsored Links
Yes the heating came on ok....we then tried to run the taps again. but there was nothing.

Sponsored Links
salsad said:
sorry i made a mistake the heating is not working.

That can sometimes be a tricky call in this weather when the room thermostat often doesn't turn up high enough to bring it on.

I think that the Microgenus can have either a diverter valve or a DHW flow switch depending on the model.

Its most likely that whichever your model uses has failed.

What do you want to do next?

Tony

how costly do you think it is to fix - replace etc. If i called out an engineer is there an average cost that i would be looking at.

Well as a guide we charge a fixed price diagnostic fee of £84 and obviously parts are extra. That includes a service check.

Whichever type it is the parts are unlikely to exceed £36. But thats based on the assumption that the boiler does work on heating if only the room stat would fall below 30°c and bring it on.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back