No Hot Water from Ideal RS Series Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a Stelrad Ideal Wlx RS Series boiler (unfortunately I do not know the exact model). This boiler is quite old but extremely reliable until now. When the heating is set to come on the system provides hot water. If the system is set to just Hot Water (as required through the summer) then there is nothing more than lukewarm water.
We have had both the thermocouple and gas valve replaced last year for other reasons if this helps.

Sponsored Links
Probably a motorised valve in your airing cupboard faulty. If you do a search on this forum of motorised valves, 2port and 3port you will be an expert on them in around 30mins. ;)

Sorry also forgot to mention the boiler does not fire up when the water is set to come on although it fires up fine for CH ?

Sponsored Links
2 port motorised valve then. topics been done to death. do a search.

Sorry doitall - didn't see your reply til now. Cylinder stat and motirsed valve mean nothing to me I'm afraid. Think primary school pupil - then lower your sights (maybe not so bad really). Willing to try anything that doesn't involve tampering with gas supply.

Strangely following your replies (and having searched for the 2 port motorised valve) I noticed the stat on the cylinder and gave it a tap - and hey presto - I have hot water. Thanks guys - Big Help and much appreciated. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back