no hot water in kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi everybody yesterday i changed a washer on my upstairs bathroom sink i turned off the mains from downstairs under the kitchen sink ran the water out of the taps till it stopped. changed the washer fine turned the mains back on and now cannot get any hot water in the kitchen?all the other taps are fine except the kitchen one i have a worcester 24i combi boiler and the pressure is at 1.5 bar can anyone help

also if you run the taps upstairs the water goes hot in the kitchen i thought it might be an air lock of some sort but im all out of ideas
it might be a simple one to you plumbers but im baffled
help

also i have a hot water feed for a dish washer right next to the kitchen sink that feeds off the hot water
i have unplugged this and it is also hot ?

Sponsored Links
Is the fault that there's no water from the hot tap, or that the hot tap is dispensing cold water?

urbanspaceman, cant be the swicth seein as all other taps work, i read it as just the one tap, i bet the washer is stuck

Sponsored Links
hi all thanks for your suggestions
the taps on the kitchen sink are mixer taps if that makes any difference.
there is cold water coming from the hot tap! but when you turn on the taps upstairs or have the heating on it dispenses hot water
i know this might sound like a valve of some sort but like i said in my previous post i have a feed coming of the same pipe for the kitchen taps for a washing machine and that is lovely and hot with or without a tap running or c/h
puzzled
Andy

drew13 said:
there is cold water coming from the hot tap!
Check again - unless some pipework has been changed then this can't be happening.

breezer said:
urbanspaceman, cant be the swicth seein as all other taps work, i read it as just the one tap, i bet the washer is stuck
I go with Breezer..............I`ve got speed. I`ve got everything I need ;)

How can cold water be coming the hot tap if the washer is stuck?

hello again
there is cold water coming from the hot side of the mixer tap
the washer i changed was on the tap upstairs in the bathroom not in the kitchen
i simply turned off the mains supply under the sink in the kitchen
the stop cock was quite stiff so i had to use a pair of grips
could the stop cock not being fully open affect the hot water
like i said the hot for the washing machine which is right next to kitchen sink is fine
its like the hot tap is not asking the boiler for hot water because everytime i turn any other hot tap on in the house (including the one for the washing machine)the boiler makes a noise with the kitchen mixer it does not ?????

drew13 said:
there is cold water coming from the hot side of the mixer tap
Is it slower than it used to be, or the same rate?

could the stop cock not being fully open affect the hot water
Yes. Open the stop cock fully. Also check for any isolating valve(s) under the sink - there might be one that's partly closed.

hi softus
checked stopcock flow the same always been poor
no valves undersink
could it be an air lock

hello thanks everyone for your help took the taps off this weekend and the copper pipe leading to the mixer tap was full of lime scale so much so that it had totally filled the pipe put a new 15mm pipe in and some new taps as good as new cheers
andy

drew13 said:
hello thanks everyone for your help took the taps off this weekend and the copper pipe leading to the mixer tap was full of lime scale so much so that it had totally filled the pipe put a new 15mm pipe in and some new taps as good as new cheers
andy

a water softener might be a good idea too :idea:

So how did cold water come out of the hot tap then?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back