Water Supply

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had turned off the mains water supply as the washer in the main kitchen tap had completely worn and water was running unstopable. During the time the mains was off, during my absence the hot water tap in the bath was run untill the system ran empty. When I returned to the house I turned back on the water supply but still no water from the hot tap in bath and sink in upstairs bathroom, can anyone shed some light on this?

Sponsored Links
You have an air lock in the HW supply. You can clear it by forceing mains cold water up the hot tap, forceing the air out into the tank. You can do this with a hose pipe onto the hot tap oulet, or if you have a mixer tap use a strong PVC/rubber glove clamped round the spout, and open both taps, (cold needs to be high pressure) YOU MAY GET WET!

Thanks for your reply, a neighbour (plumber) came to the rescue...and I diding get wet!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back