No hot water - Long story

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Right, please bear with me. I need your help sorting out my hot water issue, as the plumbers that our landlord uses are useless.
First, let me explain what has happened so far, and then if you can help, please do.

When we first moved in, there was no hot water and leaking. The timer was not turned on, so the plumber turned that on. He also resealed the bath, as he thought that was the source of the heating.
The hot water was fine for one night. So out they came again, and replaced the bit at the top of the immersion heater. He also could not explain the leaking.
The hot water continued to last only one night, and the leaking continued. Another plumber came out who said that the thermostat had tripped out, so he reset this. He also replaced the Salamander shower pump thing, as he said that that was causing the leaking.
This was fine, except now, we only had about 2 minutes hot water out of the shower. Every other tap had constant hot water until the immersion heater was empty.

We complained so much to the landlord, that they agreed to get another plumber out. The new plumber replaced the top bit of the immersion heater, the element, and re-did the pipe work.

This has been fine for about 1-2 weeks now, but today, it has stopped working again. Nothing has changed, but we have no hot water coming out of any taps.

Anyone got any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Do you have COLD water coming out of the hot taps or no water coming out of the hot taps

Unfortunately not a very helpful description.

Trying to understand what you have said and interpret it, I would look at the way the shower pump is fitted.

I would guess that the hot water feed to it has been taken off the supply pipe to the hot taps near the HW cylinder, rather than having its own dedicated take off fitting on the cylinder.

This would cause your shower pump to suck in air therefore airlocking the HW pipe work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back