Valliant ecotec 615 hot water issue?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've just moved into a rented property and have the boiler in the title. I also have an electric immersion heater for hot water.

The boiler heats the radiators fine but not the hot water, the only way we get hot water is via the immersion heater.

On the display panel on the front of the boiler we have a radiator symbol but no tap symbol so I cannot adjust anything for hot water. Is it possible the boiler has been set up just for the radiators but not for the hot water? I did call the landlord and they sent a gas engineer out but as we had hot water he said there's nothing to be done and never explained anything about the water heating setup.

Is there any way to check if the boiler is setup to heat the water in this property?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
It's a Honeywell, yes it has both.

Thanks

16162579711752559916.jpg

16162580125861974110154.jpg

Do you have more than 2 pipes going in and out of the cylinder? send a photo of it from a few angles.

Sponsored Links
I'll try and get photos of the cylinder tomorrow. It's in the loft due to the property being a bungalow.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back