No hot water or central heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a fanned balanced flue Ideal gas boiler and Siemens MAV322C 3port motorised valve arrangement.

When HW, CH or both selected boiler fires up but only with a small flame
(it use to roar into life) water not getting hot.

Motorised valve actuator head (motor) had been making a whining noise when CH selected so I have just replaced it. It now no longer makes a noise but I still have same problem of only small flame when HW, CH or both selected.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I don't know what else it might be. :cry:

please note 5 in forum rules, you can use your edit button to correct it :)

Sponsored Links
When HW, CH or both selected boiler fires up but only with a small flame

You need a corgi guy round to check why there isnt enough gas coming from the burner injector. Theres many possibilities, most associated with low gas pressure.
The only easy one that you can check is that the meter valve hasnt been knocked - restricting the flow

The fact that it lights when required eliminates System wiring /DV problems

Thx for your response.

Would a lack of water flow also cause boiler not to falme up properly as I have noticed that water pump does not kick in either.
Dont know if that's because of boiler flame been low or the cause.

Its a WILO GOLD 05 pump, is there any easy way to check it?

Could be the second solenoid gone US which would only give you your low start up flame, you will need a corgi guy to sort it for you.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back