No hot water - please help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have ravenheat combi boiler (RSF100). The central heating works fine. However, there is no hot water. When I turn the hot water tap on, nothing happens i.e. the pump does not turn, the fan does not switch on, no ignition, etc.. all I hear is just the flow of water. When on the other hand I switch on the CH, all works fine i.e. fan starts, pump switches on, ignition light on, firing up etc..

Any ideas on likely problem and solutions??

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
How old is the boiler?
Has it been serviced recently?
May be flow switch or thermister related

Thanks for the response. The boiler is about 3 years old and it has not been recently serviced. If you susbect the flow switch, why does the CH work fine?

regards

The flow switch senses when your running hot water and tells the boiler to fire up.This has no connection with the central heating system, which is completely separate.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Belgraveheating. I susbeceted the flow switch and I am planning to switch it with that for CH. The microswitch works fine only if I manually press the tiny button. Can you explain how the three way valve operates please. Does it have a lever which pushes against the microswitch when water flows? how can I test the three way valve without removing it .

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back