No Hot water / Power Shower stopped working.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I noticed my power shower stopped working the other day so I decided to take a bath instead, however, I noticed my hot water was not coming on either.

I use an immersion heater only, have no gas in the house.

The immersion heater is connected to a timer plug (as I have economy 7) which has a LED light to show when it is on, the light isn't coming on when I switch to override (so I assume this lack of power is the fault?)

Does anyone have any thoughts I can try today before I call a plumber out when I get paid as my Mrs is pregnant and needs a bath.

Your thoughts will be greatly appreciated.

Edit: I should add that when I say power shower isn't working, no water is coming out at all

Sponsored Links
Check the fuses etc, but the Economy 7 wont work until 1 a.m. when the meter switches to cheap rate overnight. Override should work 24hrs, to allow you to 'top up' the hot water outside of the E7 period, (more expensive though!).

Possible the immersion has blown though, it would need to be tested and then replaced if shown to be at fault. Faulty immersion is likely to have blown the fuse or tripped the circuit, hence no power to the timer.

I've checked all the fuses in fuse box, they all appear to be ok. I've also checked the fuse located near the timer switch. I'm not sure if the power shower has a fuse as I can't locate it if it has

Power shower should be fused somewhere. Possible its connected to the immersion supply, although this isn't good practice, hence both immersion and shower aren't working.

Might be better advised to get an electrician to check things out, this seems more of an electrical issue than a plumbing problem.

Sponsored Links
Hmmm..... I'm thinking this is the case.

I think if I can find the shower fuse it should all be ok.... I assume if it is connected the immersion supply I should be looking for the immersion fuse?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back