Shower pump problem - pump stops pumping water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I have an immersion water tank cum heater in my apartment - 144L capacity. The water pressure in the bath shower (hot water) was a bit low - so i installed a 1.7bar pump on the hot water pipe as it exits the immersion water heater. This fixed the problem - the pressure in the shower increased significantly. This was a year ago.

Recently - as you switch on the shower (and the pump kicks in to increase the shower), the water begins to flow, however in a minute or two - the pump makes a humming noise and the water in the shower stops completely. When you reduce the high of the shower head - the pump starts working again and the water starts to flow again at good pressure.

Is anyone able to advise what might be wrong?

Thanks
P

Sponsored Links
did you fit it according to MI's?
did it suggest a surrey flange or similar? sounds like it is pulling air in from the vent tbh.

I had a plumber install it for me. Am I able to give you a call to discuss the details - might be easier for me to explain / discuss?

As said sounds like it's drawing air in through the vent.

Give us some pics of the pump connection to the cylinder.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back