No hot water pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a problem that whenever I turn a hot tap on the water comes out ok for 2 seconds and then almost nothing at all.

All values are open, tank was installed 3 years ago. I think the tank or part the pipe must be blocked somehow. The pipe comes out of the tank and goes under the floor at which point it teas off to the kitchen and the bathroom. Both hot taps in the bathroom (1st floor) and kitchen (Ground Floor) do exactly the same.

Any ideas would be great.

Sponsored Links
Check for blockage between the cold storage in loft and cold inlet at bottom of hw cyl. Try connecting garden hose from cold mains tap to hot tap then turn on hot tap followed by cold mains to see if you can push blockage out into cold storage tank.

Madstuthe1st said:
I have a problem that whenever I turn a hot tap on the water comes out ok for 2 seconds and then almost nothing at all.

All values are open, tank was installed 3 years ago. I think the tank or part the pipe must be blocked somehow. The pipe comes out of the tank and goes under the floor at which point it teas off to the kitchen and the bathroom. Both hot taps in the bathroom (1st floor) and kitchen (Ground Floor) do exactly the same.

Any ideas would be great.

if you can imgine your pipe work like a hose pipe and you press the nossel its ok for a few secs then goes to nothing, and to remidy is to take out the blockage so all in all souds like bad plumbing to me.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back