no hot water, yet have got heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Halstead combi boiler fitted, over the last 2 days I have struggled to get hot water it has been luke warm despite the boiler firing up.

Today on further inspection I noticed that when I turn on the hot tap the radiators start to heat up as though I have turned on the central heating. When I say heat up I mean they get hot. Would I be correct in thinking that the diverter valve is faulty???? or is is more likely to be the PCB

Sponsored Links
Does it heat up the rads instantly/ flow pipe instantly? Sounds like the diverter needs servicing. A new one is about £120, a service kit is still about £30.

the flow pipe heats up quickly as does the rad nearest the boiler as it is first in line. I had noticed over the last 6 months that the water was not as hot as it used to be but got hotter whenb the heating was turned on. Not sure whether this is relevant ?

Thats because your losing half of the heat to the radiators. However when the system is hot then it doesnt make as much difference.

Sponsored Links
Yes but as i said dont just replace as its very overpriced. it comes as a big lump of brass.

You just need the internal components replaced. Known as a DV service kit.

rob

thanks for the advice are these kits easily available from a plumbers suppliers or will I need to order via Halstead ??

Any partscentre will sell them. What model halstead?

hmm.. not too familiar with this model. In which case my estimate of DV cost may be incorrect. How ever fault still the same, and parts should still be available from a parts centre!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back