No hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have no HW this morning on my gravity fed system, I have an Icos boiler that fires up and the feed pipe gets very hot, the pump in my airing cupboard sounds like it's working and can hear water flowing but the pipes are all cold/luke warm to the HW cylinder or the 3 way valve.

The cylinder thermostat shuts the system down if I turn the temperature down so that seems to be working, the 3 way valve appears to open and close towards the CH side ok.

I thought it was a circulation problem, does that sound right?, I have a cold return pipe to the boiler so somethings not right, maybe the pump isn't actually doing anything, any ideas?.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
What do YOU mean by gravity system? With that boiler you have a fully pumped system and it may be open vented or sealed. Open vented means a header tank in your loft. Does that sound right when describing your system type?

Sponsored Links
May I suggest you may have a blocked cold feed causing it to over heat. Locate cold feed and put a magnet on it!

Personally I'd be taking out the pump to make sure that it is running and that the impeller hasn't broken off ;)

Personally I think it's lot easier to do a quick check by using a magnet first!!!! then bung the system and wip the pump out😉

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back