No Hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone(1st post)

The other day I was finding there was no hot water went to check that the electric switch was on, on the central heating and it was. I switched it off and then on again, there was a loud bang and a spark, im unsure where the spark and bang came from but it was either the switch or at the bottom of a round metal thing thats at the bottom of the tank? I then tryed to heat the water using the gas so i switched this on the Rads got really hot but after leaving it for a while still no hot water from the taps!! :(

Please help if any one knows what has happend! :(

Sponsored Links
No offence, but from reading your post (a few times) it doesn't sound like even if you did know what your problems are, that you would be able to do much about them.

Why not just get a competent heating engineer in to sort it all out for you?

My suspicions were aroused by the use of the terms "electric switch" and "round metal thing".

Sounds like your bottom immerson has gone. Also your 2 port or 3 port valve on the heating side may be faulty.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back