No hot watter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, got a bit of pressing issue.

I've managed to drill a whole through a central heating pipe... I've drained the system in order to stop the leak, but my Ideal Logic Combi 30 boiler is in a constant error mode. Obviously, I'll need to have the whole fixed and the lack of heating is not an issue at the moment, however, no hot water is a big problem.

Can anyone advise, looking at the attached picture, whether there's any valves I can turn to get hot water running again until I manage to get a plumber in?

Attachments

• PXL_20220724_114356275.jpg
    PXL_20220724_114356275.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 59
Sponsored Links
Isolate flow and return.
Black butterfly handles to the far left and far right.
Open filling loop and repressurise boiler to 1.3ish bar.
AAV should bleed air out inside boiler.

Can't say for sure. On this boiler. But worth trying to see if it fills with f&r isolators off.

If you can repressurise the system to 1.5 bar and then turn off the two black taps ( 90 degree turn ) then you can drain any of the system that you want to and the boiler should then work.

I am not sure that the repressurisation will work when the black valves are closed.

Thanks all!
Doesn't seem to work. Tried all sorts of combinations with no luck. Shower at the inlwas tonight by the looks of it.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back