Hot water not as hot when central heating on at same time

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. Finally managed to get the Central heating working and not causing an error on the boiler.

Now I have a different issue. I have a condensing boiler with the big water cylinder and when the hot water is heated on it's own it gets scorching hot. When it's heated alongside the central heating however, it still gets hot, just not very hot.

Any reasons why?

Ta, Anthony

Sponsored Links
So you get hot water no matter what mode it is in. Whats the problem :confused:

When the water is heated on its own it gets too hot to touch. When it's heated alongside the CH I can quite happily hold my hand under it no worries.

Her in doors likes it to be scorching!

Sponsored Links
What was wrong with the heating? Was the hot water temperature a problem before the heating was fixed?

The stat on the cylinder reads 140 and no motorised valves as far as I am aware
You have two motorized valves - they are the silver boxes attached to the pipes. One controls the flow through the HW cylinder; the other, the flow through the radiators.

View media item 46098
Have you measured the actual water temperature? It could be the lower temp is correct (140F/60C) and the higher one is wrong.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back