no hw on alpha boiler

SO it's
rush, click, whoosh, blow, no blow, blow, clack clack clack clack, woof.
Pefectly simple, ok?

Sponsored Links
An earlier posting recommended looking in the CORGI corporate advertising box in the Yellow pages.

There are many registered people who would very strongly NOT want to be advertising in that box in order to maintain a lesser association with a registration body which insists on misleadingly calling them "members".

As long as the person is CORGI registered anyone listed in the maid section of Yellow Pages will be acceptable.

Tony

Paul Barker said:
Listen very carefully, can you stand nea the boiler and run a hot tap at the same time. Turn off the telly the radio the kids put the dog outside.

you have to try the boiler in hot water a few times to establish the fault.

What your boiler should sound like when it is working corectly is this:

you hear the water rush through, next a highish pitched single click, an extra woosh of water as the pump starts and the fan starting, then the fan stopsand then it starts again, next you hear the clack clack clack clack of the spark tring to light the gas, and finally the whoof of the gas ignighting.

What I expect is happening in your case i you hear the slight clic but nothing afterwards. If so it is the microswitch which is a 30 second fix.

If you do not hear this click then it is the diaphrgam which takes 30 minutes, but you may require a whole diverter valve, (unlikely)

My advise is to ask Alpha for a recomended person to fix it.

that is what it does just one click and then nothing but as soon as i turn ch on then it starts up no problem :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: so its just a little switch ill have to be nice to my boiler and stop calling it a heap of junk lol

Sponsored Links
Agile said:
An earlier posting recommended looking in the CORGI corporate advertising box in the Yellow pages.

There are many registered people who would very strongly NOT want to be advertising in that box in order to maintain a lesser association with a registration body which insists on misleadingly calling them "members".

As long as the person is CORGI registered anyone listed in the maid section of Yellow Pages will be acceptable.

Tony

Tony, unusually I think your statement is a little naive for you. If you are in the corporate section you have been checked and verified you actually belong to CORGI. If you just place a normal ad you could just use the logo and not actually be registered, as we always find when watching rogue traders and the like. They are usually 'tradesmen' out of yellow pages.

I agree with your comments about CORGI themselves but as the public is led to believe everything they do is holier than thou, I for one am prepared to utilise their brand for my own business until another body can offer a realistic alternative ;)

You can pull and print an Alpha Service manual for free from their website. It has a nice flow chart for diagnosing faults, in fact I diagnosed the exact fault on my sisters boiler from 300 miles away. (the first plumber wasn't up to it).
Re CORGI, being Corgi registered doesn't mean that the person is an expert craftsman. I still chuckle about the Corgi bloke in Plymouth who did a bodge because he was short of fittings. He carved a wooden plug and hammered it into the unfinished pipework then turned the gas on and went home. Unfortunately natural gas is dry (unlike coal gas which was so wet that the gas mains needed the water vacuuming out on a regular basis). The plug shrank and fell out, there was a gas explosion and the house became a pile of bricks! :cry: The bloke went to jail! (hope he had good public liability insurance :D !)
IMHO wet central heating systems are a pain and need constant maintenance :cry: . Beware of sagging pipes and airlocks. If you have an open vented system you will get a lot of corrosion so you will need plenty of Fernox (there are two types, one decokes it and the other preserves it) The Grundfos pumps give trouble too when stood idle for the summer, (better boilers give a daily pump kick) Good luck in solving your problems and I do hope you won't need the services of a £100,000 a year plumber.

gas4you said:
Tony, unusually I think your statement is a little naive for you. If you are in the corporate section you have been checked and verified you actually belong to CORGI. If you just place a normal ad you could just use the logo and not actually be registered, as we always find when watching rogue traders and the like. They are usually 'tradesmen' out of yellow pages.

No Dave! Yellow Pages independently check for CORGi registration ( I first wrongly typed "membership" ! ) before allowing any advert to refer to CORGI or even any gas work.

I think that YP are keen to reverse the bad image that has been attributed to tradesmen chosen from their books.

Tony

Agile said:
No Dave! Yellow Pages independently check for CORGi registration ( I first wrongly typed "membership" ! ) before allowing any advert to refer to CORGI or even any gas work.

Confused me now Tony :confused: Thats exactly what I said in my first response to corgi corporate advert in yellow pages.

I'm sure most of us would like nothing to do with corgi, but whilst the publis are being spoon fed that we must all be corgi registered we have no choice until another body sets up in competition.

DUCK! there goes another low flying pig :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back