no hw on alpha boiler

gas4you said:
Perhaps you should be corgiperson these days :LOL:

I'm now going to send mrs out for more bacardi & grolsch. Whoops, shouldn't say that should I. If I get up off keyboard I'll fall over :LOL:

dont forget to tap her on the harris as you ask and say "you love it darling"

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
lol no one is sexist i have got my yellow pages and not a lot of ppl no this but i can also read so ill have a look and ring them on monday :LOL:

corgiman said:
gas4you said:
Perhaps you should be corgiperson these days :LOL:

I'm now going to send mrs out for more bacardi & grolsch. Whoops, shouldn't say that should I. If I get up off keyboard I'll fall over :LOL:

dont forget to tap her on the harris as you ask and say "you love it darling"

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

No but I had to give my card and pin number :cry: Glad next is shut :LOL:

Sponsored Links
lol was going to try and flirt get the bill down don't think that will work on a female and if it did id be scared :LOL:

mrs moomin said:
lol would it sound bad if i ask for a stud muffin ;)

:eek: SEXIEST

We men are not pieces of meat! or toys for you to dally with!!

Well Ok we are, dally away ;)

Listen very carefully, can you stand nea the boiler and run a hot tap at the same time. Turn off the telly the radio the kids put the dog outside.

you have to try the boiler in hot water a few times to establish the fault.

What your boiler should sound like when it is working corectly is this:

you hear the water rush through, next a highish pitched single click, an extra woosh of water as the pump starts and the fan starting, then the fan stopsand then it starts again, next you hear the clack clack clack clack of the spark tring to light the gas, and finally the whoof of the gas ignighting.

What I expect is happening in your case i you hear the slight clic but nothing afterwards. If so it is the microswitch which is a 30 second fix.

If you do not hear this click then it is the diaphrgam which takes 30 minutes, but you may require a whole diverter valve, (unlikely)

My advise is to ask Alpha for a recomended person to fix it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back