combi boiler - no hw but ch working??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone - any ideas would be much appreciated.
couldnt have a shower this morning :cry:
thought it was lack of pressure it that was fine. tried switching to boiler on and off then turning off the ch but nothing worked.
dials for both ch and hw are at no 9
light for the hw is not lighting when the hot tap is turned on.
eventually a bit of warmish water came but nothing to write home about.
I had this problem a few months ago but i cant remember what fixed it - please help!!

Sponsored Links
Had similar problem with combi. Hot water is cold.
Faulty diaphragm fails to move diverter valve, so diverter valve fails to trigger micro switch to light boiler in HW mode. (this was on a halstead).
I reckon yours is diverter valve related.

I reckon yours is diverter valve related.

When you dont know what boiler model he has or if it even has a diverter valve or if the diverter valve were to use a motor instead of a diaphragm then I dont see how you can come to that conclusion.

Why do you think that its not the hot water thermistor?

Tony

Sponsored Links
sorry...yes its a turbomax 282! and belongs to a she !
I have a feeling when it happened a few months ago the diaphram was replaced so surely its not faulty again so soon?
i recall something being cleaned too - should have wrote it down cos i cant remember now ..........
anyway still not fixed yet and managing with the shower if the heating is on and the hot tap is only opened half way

thanks for that too - i think i need a crash course in plumbing - i relied on my husband (it helps that he was a heating engineer) until he left me with all this equipment i dont understand !!

i relied on my husband (it helps that he was a heating engineer) until he left me with all this equipment i dont understand !!

Well do what everyong else does with heating engineers!

Cal him back!

I keep calling but he still hasn't returned and after 6 yrs its not looking bery likely!!!

Not unusual for these to need the whole divertor as opposed to just the diaphragm , part is around 100 quid so best bet is call BG out on fixed price repair, Have a look at there website for details.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back